There is something freeing and almost liberating in discovering that I really can take care of myself. I changed 2 light bulbs (that required the use of a ladder) today. I've mowed, edged and weed-eated my yard (last week) (thanks for the mower, dad!), paid bills, balanced checkbooks, and all the stuff it takes to be on your own. I spend time with my kids, feed them, love on them, and all that goes with kids. Now don't get me wrong....I have lots (I mean LOTS) of prayers, love, support, and encouragement. So the truth is...I'm not on my own. =)
I feel really content right now. Aaahhh, breathe it in, enjoy the view, and say, "thank you, Jesus" for another day.
I found out today that it looks like I have a position teaching summer school! yay! I found out today that my last day for tutoring is May 14th. I initially began to panic cause in doing my budget and finances, I was reeeeaaaallly hoping to tutor till the end of May. In fact, I worked my budget around this! But today, like I said, my last day for tutoring is the 14th. Well, that would leave me 2 weeks short of my hopeful goal. But then I remembered, God is in control. He has a plan.....I trust HIm. It wasn't 30 min. later that the assistant principal and my friend called me and said she found me a postion for Summer school. Woo hoo God is good!! And the summer school pays more than what I was estimating (my friend Yanet told me about how much pay it would be) for my summer months....which means......even though the tutoring ends 2 weeks earlier than I had hoped, the Summer school job will make up for it. Is God good or what???!!!
So, once again, breathe it in, smile, and say, "thank you, Jesus".
Monday, April 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love you :)
ReplyDeletePraise God for His awesomeness!!!! you go girl!!! YES, you are definitely not alone...love u!
ReplyDeleteYou're an amazing testament to those going through their own hard times. I know these posts are going to help out someone else just as much as they help you when you write them. I love you tons and keep you and your family in my prayers!
ReplyDeletep.s. Chad does yards on the side if you ever need any help. =)
I am so glad for the summer job! You aren't alone! A great support of friends can take you far. I love you so much and I'm praying for you every day!
ReplyDelete