Wednesday, April 15, 2009

life...

Life is full of valleys and mountains. Right? Why does it seem that when you are in the valley, trying to hold on to faith, trust in God, why is it then that life starts to kick you even more!? Ugh. What's happened?

Anyway, my day was full of some ups and downs. And it's only 2:40pm!! My car started making this HORRIBLY loud sound yesterday when I was driving home from work. I started to worry cause my budget is TIGHT these days (whose isnt). I tried to drive to work today but the noise got louder so I pulled over to an NTB. Anyways, I praise God cause I was praying for a miracle with my car...and He gave me one. That's good....it ended up they just tightened a bolt in my axle that wasn't tightened and poof! the noise was gone.Whew! That was a relief. I also think it might have been on purpose....cause while there I was talking to the receptionist guy and he had made a comment that life was hard for him as well. LOng story short...he is separated from his wife as well and they are having troubles. I told him God was bigger than our problems and asked if I could pray for him before I left. He agreed and I did. Then he offered to pray for me. I could tell by his prayer that he knew God and had a relationship with him. When he finished, I asked if he was plugged into a church somewhere and he said he used to be but had moved so it was too far. I told him about the various locations for my church and left him with the website so he could check it out. Anyway, that was encouraging. It was also the first time I've really prayed with a stranger....I hope he was encouraged cause I was!

I went on to work (late) and finished up there.

Anyway, I dont feel like describing my whole day. After that I had to go back to Christian Bros. Automotive and complain about some work they had done for me. NTB said I needed a new part that they (CBA) had replaced in NOv. While at CBA they looked at it and told me that it was functioning properly. Ugh!! Who to believe??? It was at that moment that I just got overwhelmed with my life and began to cry. What else could I do? This is where life seems to just overwhelm you. Taking care of the kids, my house, my yard, the groceries, bills, etc. In that moment, I felt alone and tired. But here's the thing.....I know I am not alone. God is very present with me in this time. I have the prayers and support of SO MANY people. I am so blessed by the outpouring of love. It just hit me at that point that I felt overwhelmed.

I know life is full of things. Some good some bad. I have to admit, I am ready for this time in my life to be behind me. It's been a long long journey and battle. Some moments have felt victorious, others not so much. As Fidel and I are separated this time, I pray that God restores our family. That He heals the wounds and broken hearts and renews the love we once had. I know that only He can fix this...I pray for wisdom to hear His voice and follow His leading so that I may do my part in this relationship. but ultimately, I have to leave it in His hands. And that can be a battle in itself at times! =)

During these moments or times when I feel low, I cry it out, pick myself up and say "I will trust in you God."

For those of you who have been praying, offering your help, encouraging, talking to me, keeping me company, and all the many things you have done.......thank you. I thank God you are in my life.......

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that life is kicking you when you are down. Just remember to keep looking up...from where thy help comes from! - as I know you are.
    I look forward to seeing your blog grow and sharing even more in your life - especially since our get togethers are not soon enough. :)
    i love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY, Sara.....got to your blog. It is fun. YOu can click on my name and go to mine if you want :)

    I have been praying for you. You are right, at this point, you can only leave it to God. AND, it is at the time when you are down that Satan chooses to kick you. Keep strong in the Word.

    If you ever need me, I'm there.

    Do you still coupon? Maybe we can figure out a way to get together every now and then and get back into it.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS....I don't use my name, kids or any identifying info on my blog. I don't know if you have ever heard of me as ~LL~....click on it and you'll see my pic and who it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl I'm so sorry that you are going through all of this but I'm so thankful that you are holding tight to God. I love you and I'm praying for wisdom.

    Love
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete