Thursday, June 4, 2009

And on a more serious note..

As I have said before, life is full of ups and downs. And I am learning to live life on life's terms. In other words, no matter what happens, I wont be destroyed by it. Instead, I will lean on God....in the good and the bad times....trusting that He knows what He's doing. Is that always easy for me? No, it's not. But it's what I strive to do.
Last year, when Fidel and I separated the first time, I was DEVASTATED!! I felt that my whole world had caved in. My husband was rejecting me. I couldn't understand why. He had abandoned us emotionally, financially, physically. But over the course of the last year, I have learned that my being, my value, who I am is not defined by any man. I don't get my sense of value from my husband...or anyone else for that matter. I get it from God. God says I am special. I am loved. Unconditionally, without strings, I am loved. He sees my good and my bad and says, "I love you." Now I don't take that for granted...that's not a free ticket to sin. But because of His great love for me...how can I NOT love Him??

Things have been up and down with Fidel. He's in, he's out. Whatever. As of this week...he's out. He once again says he's ready to divorce. Well, we agree on one thing....I don't want him around right now!! As for divorce, well, I'll keep praying. I know I am more than justified in getting one. But more than anything, I want God's will. Of course, that's easier said than done. So, I continue to seek Him, moving forward in life. Loving my family, loving my beautiful children, and thanking God that we don't walk alone. Just because others act crazy and seem to have lost their mind, doesn't mean I need to lose my mind as well.

On that note, thank you for your continued prayers. They are always appreciated.

Just for today, I will take care of today. Tomorrow will take care of itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment