Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Our 2010

Merry Christmas!! Here it is December of 2010! I can hardly believe that we are closing out another year. Seriously, time just flies the older you get. Or at least the older I get. =)


It's been a good year for us. I thought that I would do a Christmas blog instead of Christmas cards. We haven't taken family pictures this year but I did include a smattering of pictures from our year. I tried to put them in order but blogger is too smart for me so I just gave up.

I have a twin sister. Some of my coworkers and friends don't realize this about me. We are identical. So I included this pic we took. Best friends...Shannon, Liz, and me. We are "trinkies."








This picture shows Rebekah with her two front teeth gone. She lost one in early December and the 2nd one got knocked out in PE when she smacked into someone. That's right...."all she wants for Christmas is her two front teeth." The tooth fairy did deliver. =)







This year, as usual, we tried to spend as much time as we could with family. We had game night at my house not too long ago. We were playing SCAT here. Dad was getting ready to deal. You can't see Shannon in this picture. But she was there. Needless to say, I did NOT win this game. But I had fun trying. =)


Something big we celebrated this year was Rebekah chose to be baptized at church. It was very special for us. She got a t-shirt to wear during the baptism..."I took the plunge." she was sooo excited.


This is our pug Bella. I had to include her in the blog. She brings a lot of fun (and trouble) to the family. She's a year old now and we love her. You may wonder where her name comes from....well, in case you didn't know...and I would be shocked if you didn't...I'm a HUGE Twilight fan. Bella is the heroine in the series...now you know how our Bella got her name. (Go Team Edward!)




This was our Halloween. Leyena and Noah our my niece and nephew...(that would be Tinkerbell and Peter Pan). Rebekah and Joshua were Cinderella and Boba Fett (Star Wars). Oh and of course Bella was Mrs. Claus.





This was a get together we had for the kids' birthday I think. Kaylin, Jadyn, Noah, Rebekah, Makenna, Leyena, Joshua and a not-so-happy Benny. =) This was in August. Now that I'm looking at Rebekah a little closer, she's wearing her birthday ribbon...so it was for her birthday. This year, her birthday fell on the first day of school. 6 years old in 1st grade.





This year, for the first time I can really remember, we got snow (in January I believe---although I cold be wrong). And LOTS of it. I believe somewhere around 12 inches fell that day. I tried to catch the flakes on my tongue.






We built a snowman. Can you see how it is STILL snowing?! It was great!






In July, we took a 17 day trip and headed west with my in-laws. One of our many stops was Disneyland in CA. It was great! I don't know who had more fun...me or the kids as we tried to get autographs with the many characters at the park.



While on this trip, we stopped at the ocean. I must say I was terribly disappointed to discover that it was COOOLLLLLDDD at the ocean. I pictured sunny, CA beaches and bikinis. When we got there it was cloudy, cold, and there wasn't one single bikini to be found on that beach!! (can't say I blame them!) But we didn't let that stop us from playing for a few minutes at the water's edge.







Ahhh, LA. What a place! I loved it! I spared you, my readers, the tons of pictures I took of all the stars with the celebrity names. I took a LOT of them. For my blog, I settled on this one of us by a statue. I loved walking the streets of Hollywood, shopping, and seeing celebrity names. I even tried some boba tea...but that's a story for another time.




Another thing that I tried to do this year was take as many pictures with as many people as I could. This is one of me and my grandmother in Phoenix. I love Phoenix. I wish I could include all the pictures of everyone I took...but then you may never finish this blog...






This is my brother, John. Many of you know him. Technically he's my "little" brother, but as you can tell...I'm the little one. He turned 30 in October. He's a cop and occasionally, I get to do ride alongs with him....which are lots of fun. That's also a story for another time. =) His name is John. He doesn't like to take pictures. I do though.....



If you catch Joshua in just the right mood, he will strike some really cute poses. What can I say? I have cute, talented kids.


This is Fidel and I. I likethis picture. We've really had a blessed year. God has brought us sooo far. I'm amazed by it. Sometimes more than others. ;) We find more and more time to just laugh together. Our marriage continues to grow and our relationship continues to strengthen and deepen...we celebrated 10 years of marriage in July.



In January, my dad and I and the kids took a trip to Phoenix. It was a fun road trip. I believe we were on our way home and we were in New Mexico here.





This is a picture of Fidel on his 30th birthday in March. He wanted a Payton Manning jersey. Bekah wanted to blow the candle out. =) Does that mean she got to make his wish?



This was Easter morning. I thought it was sweet....that this was the 5th picture I took and had to tell them to hold hands and act like they loved each other. So finally they did....and look how cute it turned out!


Rebekah decided to play softball this year. And by saying she liked playing softball, I mean she liked playing with the dirt while in outfield. But hey, "Go Angels"!



Her daddy, who also coached the team, told her to quit playing with the dirt and to watch the ball .....this is her interpretation of watching for the ball. What ball? Where did it go?




Okay, that's all the pictures I have for now. As I said, I have soooooo many pictures. But I want you to finish reading my blog so I had to tell myself to limit them. It's been a good year. I am thankful for God's blessings. I am still working at Acton Elem teaching 2nd grade bilingual. I have only 19 students this year and it is GREAT! They are my best class ever. Joshua is in 3rd grade and making so many 100s. Rebekah is doing well in 1st grade also...although spelling is not her favorite subject. Fidel resigned from Dallas ISD at the end of October. Although he continues to look for other job opportunities, he has taken the time to build his own computer company....The Computer Guy. Times are a little lean but God always provides.


I can't think of much more to say...it is past my bedtime. 3 more days of school before we are out for break. Woooo hooo! I wish I could say that I will blog again soon...but time will tell for sure on that one. When school is in session, blogging, as well as many other things get put on the back burner. Such is life. I will return though...I am quite sure I will have more pictures to show off....


Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May your family be blessed this holiday season and next year as well.



love,


Fidel, Sara, Joshua, Rebekah, and Bella Ramirez




5 comments:

  1. Sara...How we enjoy your blogging sooo much. What a wonderful family you make.
    When I first so the back of Becka's shirt that read I took the plunge I thought it was you adviersting the ride you an Bill did at Hurricane Harbor together! Silly silly me!
    We love you all!! Hugz & Kisses & Love Ya Bunches!!

    Aunt Dorothy Uncle Bill & Ryan
    Uncle Bill saying as he is right here says a Big Hello to all and says hi to Fidel Sr too.
    He is saying Merry Christmas to all and we have Grandma Sally's tamales here!! Yum Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful year you guys had!!! Thank you so much for sharing it with our family. It has truly been a blessing to see the growth within your family. We love you guys and pray for you often. May you and your family have a blessed Christmas and an amazing 2011.

    Love you guys,
    Stacie, Mike, Mason, Christian and Jack Moseley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

    Merry Christmas to you, and your family. May 2011 bring even more blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family that is a cute pug I love pugs I have 2, Thanks for being a great teacher and friend,
    and making my first year at Acton a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your year with us! I am blessed to see how blessed you and your family has been! :) Praise God for His faithfulness! Much love!

    ReplyDelete