Saturday, November 21, 2009

It's that time again..

School is out for a week so that can only mean one thing....I have some time to blog now. =)
When I am working, life stays busy, so it's hard to sit down and actually blog. I hardly get on Facebook either. But I will endeavor to correct both of these things this week while I am off. =)

I had started a to-do list for this week that I am off. Things like: touch-up paint through-out the house, paint the bathroom, paint the loft, finish knitting Eli's stocking, put up Christmas decorations, re-organize loft closet, re-organize bedroom closet, organize pantry....and well, the list goes on. However, I had to take another look at my list and get a little more realistic. It is not going to happen. I am keeping my niece and nephew Monday and Tuesday, an appt on Monday, movies on Wednesday (because I simply must see Twilight: New Moon for the 2nd time =) ), Thanksgiving on Thursday, and the annual tradition of Black Friday (woo hoo). So, as you see, I have already booked my week. NOt to say that maybe I wont' get to some things on my list, but in reality, most of them WON'T happen. That's okay....there's always the week before Christmas. =)

Joshua and Rebekah continue to grow by leaps and bounds. Rebekah is now reading and spelling. She LOVES to spell things...even if it's not a real word. "Mommy, what does B-A-B spell?" "Mommy, what does D-A-N spell?" "Rebekah, would you like to take a shower?" "uuuuhh, N-O, Mommy." yes, she's quite the speller these days. I get a little delighted to hear her read though. She can read simple words and stories and it's so cute. She writes "the" and can read it well too. Sigh, she's growing up. She gave her daddy a hard time the other day. Last weekend, I went to the Women of Faith conference in Houston, so Daddy kept the kids. He picked them up from school on Friday and took them to the park. While driving there, Rebekah piped up from the backseat. The conversation went something like this.
"Daddy, I'm not going to marry Joshua when I grow up." (they have often said that when they grow up they are going to marry each other. We have often responded with you can't marry your brother or your sister....we don't live in Arkansas. To which they would reply that they love each other. To which we replied that that was great...but you don't marry your siblings....well, they just didn't seem to get it)
"Oh really, why is that?"
"Cause he's my brother, DAddy."
"Yes, that's right, Joshua is your brother."
"I'm not going to marry Joshua. I'm going to marry someone else, Daddy."
'You are? Who are you going to marry?"
"I'm going to marry Jesse." (Jesse is a boy in her class.)
"Why Jesse, Rebekah?"
"Cause he says nice things to me."
It was about there that I received a phone call in Houston from my husband telling me that he did not sign up for this part of the parenting. That he couldn't handle it....lol! I started laughing as he told me the story and said we should pray now for her future spouse. Lord help me! She's gonna marry Jesse cause he says nice things to her!!!??? Man, I've got my work cut out for me. Needless to say, we later told Bekah that she didn't need to think about marriage cause you had to be 34 before you got married so she had plenty of time! I wonder how long that will work with her....................................

well, I was hoping to post some pics on here, but as I write this I am trying to load pics onto my computer from my camera. It's being so slow. I don't think it's gonna happen. =( I have some cute ones to. My niece turned 2. I have some adorable pics from that. I went to Houston. Got some fun pics there. Josh sang at school in a PTA meeting. (He did so good!) But I guess I will have to post them later. =)

Good night! God bless!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny that you tell your kids they can't marry each other unless they live in Arkansas. We tell ours the same thing!!!

    ReplyDelete