Tuesday, December 29, 2009

more than a month has past...

More than a month has past since I last wrote a blog. It's not what I intended, it's just that life is busy. It seems that sitting at a computer long enough to pay the bills is about all I have time for. Anything longer is a luxury. =) But I know that life moves in phases, and I have some time on my hands right now...so I thought I would put some thoughts on paper, err or the internet.

Christmas has come and gone. It was a wonderful experience this year. Santa brought the kids what the asked for...legos and a skateboard for Josh, and a big Barbie and drawing stuff for Bekah. There were so many presents this year...it's unbelievable. Truthfully, my kids are spoiled. Well, I guess I should say that we are all spoiled! We were showered with so many presents that there are too many to name. Santa even brought me a gift this year...a Wii Fit! ;) I had told Santa that I was a very good girl this year and he must have agreed cause Christmas morning..there it was! =)
We enjoyed a Christmas Eve dinner with my father-in-law, or dad, and the family. After dinner, we opened presents. I think that we have started a new tradition with that side of the family. Instead of Christmas Day, we open gifts on Christmas Eve. I kind of like it. I know the kids did! Next year, we will have a 5th child at Christmas time. Ben and Kathy are expecting their first...a little boy. I am so excited for them and can't wait to meet my newest nephew sometime in May.
After we left dad's, we headed to my parents' house...where the family had gathered. We decorated cookies and laughed. My parents have a cottage in the back, so we crashed there and enjoyed our traditional Christmas breakfast with them and opened presents. It was fun! Josh and Bekah left a cookie for Santa and a couple of small carrots for Rudolph. They were excited to see them eaten on Christmas morning. =)
Early on the 26th, my dad, myself, and the kids hit the open road for Phoenix, AZ. Which is where I am right now. We've spent time with aunts, uncles, grandparents. We've played with pets (Rebekah is especially fond of my grandma's 2 shih tzus. Pandie, one of her dogs, loves to lick and lick Bekah's face. And Bekah loves to receive the licks. She licks her so much Bekah's cheeks get chapped. I have to tell her no more and she says, "but, Mommy, I like it." lol We have eaten, eaten, and eaten so many home baked goodies that I won't even tell you what the scale told me the other day at Grandma's. (That's what New Year's Resolutions are for, right?)

For Christmas, Joshua and Rebekah received money from various people. Josh chose to buy legos. What else would he buy? I can't begin to tell you how many lego kits he has. Well, now he has 3 more. He will sit for hours putting the kits together. He's really good at it too.

All which leads me to this morning. I was awakened at 5:30 am by my daughter....who was vomiting. yes, just how we want to spend some vacation time...holed up in our hotel room with a stomach bug. poor thing....she threw up 2 more times within 45 min. before she fell asleep for awhile. As I write this blog, she has since gotten up to inform me that she is much better. That's good! I don't think we will take her out today though...just to be on the safe side. Wouldn't want to spread this Holiday Cheer around!!!! It will be a good day to rest, watch some movies, and play legos! Not to mention that I did just happen to bring the first 2 books of the Twilight Saga with me to AZ. =D It's a great day to finish book 1. yes, I have read all 4 books, and I've watched the 1st movie at least 15 times (I happened to bring the movie with me too!!!) and have already seen New Moon 3 times in the theater. But what can I say? Except..go Team Edward! =)

New Years is just days away. 2009 will soon be a memory. I am thankful for what God has done in my life in this past year. He has brought me and my family through so much and so far. And I continue to see His work in my life. I have a job which I like, my kids are doing well, we are on vacation in AZ, we got a new puppy...Bella, and Fidel and I are doing well. (of course these are in no order of importance). Life with Fidel is not perfect, but what relationship is? He is supportive, active, and involved in our lives. He is a changed man, I can definitley tell. But things like this take awhile. And it's taking awhile. And that's ok. I have learned from experience that when I rush things, well, they don't necessarily work out so well. Sometimes, I have my doubts...but I just remind myself that hey, God is in control. No matter what happens, He's got me and my family in His hands. And His Hands are so much more capable than mine. Too many times I try to take the reins and tell God where we are gonna go. Sometimes it works out...sometimes not so much.

Well, I think that this is a good stopping point. I need to go put some clothes in the laundry here at the laundry mat.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. So sorry Bekah is sick. Hope she is feeling better soon. Love you!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete