So life continues on for the Ramirez family. We stay busy...like every other family we know. Who doesn't stay busy? I have just decided that that is the season we are in. It will pass. Hopefully...=)
Rebekah and Joshua are doing very well in school. Academically that is. ha ha. Rebekah's teacher told me that she may be GATE (gifted and talented) material. Wow! So cool. They will test her to see if she qualifies for the program. Joshua was accepted into the program last year. Initially, I was exited because someone besides myself recognized how gifted and smart my children were. (ahem, doesn't every mother think their child is acceptionally gifted?) Until I saw the project Joshua has to do for his Spring GATE project. Ugh! research, presentation, yadda yadda yadda. Translation--he's gonna need some help at home. Bleh! If you know JOshua you know that he DOES NOT like homework. Sometimes it's like pulling teeth to get him to do it. Anyways, I'm hoping the teacher does most of the work in school. Anyway, we'll see what happens with Bekah.
Speaking of Rebekah, you may remember the blog I did about getting her shots for school. Well, since the law changed, she had to get a Hep A shot for school. This requires 2 doses. She's due for the 2nd shot. I made her appt for this Wed after school. Needless to say, I think I will save that information and not let her know until we pull up in front of the dr office. She's not gonna be happy when she finds out we are there for her. And that we are there so she can get another shot. maybe she won't cry this time.....maybe. ha ha. We'll see. =)
There's a lot to say, yet it's all rolling around in my head, I don't know which to say. What's babble and what's not? Guess it doesn't matter....that's what blogs are for anyways---babbling. =) Well, my blog is anyway.
As I said, life is busy. With family time, bible studies, group meetings, work, church, gymnastics for the kids. Life is life. We were able to hire someone to clean the house. We've had one cleaning. It was nice to not have to clean the bathrooms for a change. We have to pick up before she comes, but she does the scrubbing. It has saved some time on the weekends for other things---like playing with the kids (Wii Mario is very popular with us) or bday parties or showers or whatever else happens on the weekends.) That just leaves the laundry. We average about 6 loads of laundry. That's a lot. I just folded the laundry last week that had been sitting in the baskets for 2 weeks. Yes, it took me 2 weeks to fold the laundry. Now I am starting all over again. I wonder if it will take 2 weeks to fold this batch? ha ha. Then there's couponing. I used to cut coupons and use that for grocery shopping. I don't have time to cut coupons anymore. Which means that I am not saving money. Paying full price for groceries bums me out. I need to start cutting coupons again. But when? ha maybe the same day that I go to the gym. (I don't go to the gym...I don't have time.)
You might be asking...why are you so busy? What do you do other than work that keeps life running so fast for you? Well, lets' see...church on Sundays and small group Sunday night (small group meets for 8 weeks, takes 8 weeks off, on for 8 weeks, etc), Monday night is family night with the Ramirez, Tuesday nights are open, Wed nights is a bible study with a friend (this will end in a few months), Thurs night I go to a group meeting for people like me who tend to be OCD (ha ha), and that takes us into the weekend. Friday night is whatever may be planned for that night, SAt. are laundry, errands, showers, parties, etc, and that takes us back to Sunday. Oh yeah, and I forgot the kids have gymnastics on Wed at 4;30. Whew, I'm tired! I can say that I have learned to start saying no and turning some things down. I've never been a big fan of turnign down bday party invites or shower invites...but I seem to have a full plate now. I look forward to Spring break...when I can do all the little projects I keep putting off.
Even though life is busy, I am still content. I will be glad to slow down a bit, but it's good. Bella, our puppy continues to grow. She loves to chase my feet. She is 15 weeks now. We will soon be taking her for shots. (Josh and Bekah protested this when I mentioned it at the dinner table the other day! ha ha...they didn't want her to to get shots.) She is doing better on house training, but if we let her run around the house...she will use the bathroom whereever she wants to...the carpet, the floor, whereever. So we have to watch her close or put her in the bathroom so she doesn't make any more messes on the floor. She's learning though. I hope. =)
Jadyn and Eli, my niece and nephew spent the night with us last night. They are cute. Jadyn says, "Come on, SAra" in her little voice. I love it! And she repeats everything!! Bekah likes to try and pick her up. Eli is so chunky, it's hard to pick him up! lol, His cheeks are so fluffy, I couldn't help but squeeze them many times. Fidel rocked him to sleep last night and early in the morning when he woke up. I told him to get his baby fix in. lol =) Both kids are so layed back. We get to keep them again at the end of Feb. It will be great. =)
Well, thats it for now. Tomorrow is my sis in law's bday and my nephew Noah's bday. It will be fun partying it up with both. =)
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congratulations on Rebecah being recognied as being material for the gifted and talented program! Piper was also, so I know how proud you are!
ReplyDelete