Ah, my blog. How I have missed you!!! Here it is May and it has been so long. With school, and life...I have neglected you. But it was not on purpose!!! It's just that life gets so busy!!!
I am wrapping up my first year at Acton Elem. in Duncanville. It has been a good year overall. When I was desperate for a job, God provided this one just in time. It's proven to be one of my best years, if not THE best year that I have had as a teacher. My principal and Assistant Principal have been wonderful. I am sad that my principal did get sick halfway thru the year and has bee out since Jan. She came back about 2 weeks ago to say she was moving to work in administration. Wherever she works, they are lucky to have her!! Guess I will have to go to admin to see her now! She's a very sweet lady.
With her leaving, that means we get a new principal and possibly AP next year. That makes me nervous. It's been so good to work for good people, and I've had my share of crappy leaders in the past....well, I don't want another one! But even as I type those, I know that no matter who is administration and what their leadership qualities, I know that it will never be as bad as it once was. Because I'm different. No longer can a person have the power to define who I am as a professional. At one time in my career, I gave that power to a former principal of mine. It almost crushed me. Thankfully, gratefully, God has shown me differently since then. So...I know that next year at Acton Elem should be a good year too. As long as I remember who I am and where I've come from.
On another school note, we have 15 teaching days left. That's right....15. I am counting!!! And so are the students! Joshua and Bekah are ready for summer and I am too! We can go to the library, sleep late, go to the pool, sleep late, go to the pool, sleep late. Well, you get the idea! =) Speaking of my angels, Joshua is finishing up 2nd grade which means he is going to be in 3rd grade. Yes, you read that right. 3rd grade. He's going to be 8 in August. And Bekah, she's finishing up kindergarten which means she will be a 1st grader. I'm still in shock too....and denial. Where did my babies go? ????? sigh. Time. Time has turned my babies into children. And they are wonderful children too!! I'm so proud of them. They are enjoying their gymnastics class. Getting better at it too. Josh has been working on his front hand springs and backflips. It's fun for me to watch him during his class. Rebekah is working on her cartwheels. they've been in it about 9 months now.
Well, just wanted to touch base. I am still here. =)
God bless!
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment