Wednesday, May 13, 2009

My kids

So, life continues on for us. I feel that I am adjusting fairly well to single-parenting and being on my own. In moments of frustration, sadness, lonliness I try to do some positive reflecting. I read my Bible, do a devotion or read a good book. I remember (try to anyway) that God is working all things out to His good....my job is to trust Him, take care of myself and the kids, and take life one day at a time. Most of the time, this works. Most of the time. ;) I am noticing more ups than downs as well. This is encouraging. I heard it once said...live life on life's terms. Interesting.....

Rebekah was invited by my bff to spend the night the other night. Liz has 2 girls of her own..Makenna and Kaylin. Makenna is 3 (soon to be 4) and Rebekah loves to play with her. Sooooo, Makenna and Bekah had themselves a slumber party. I was a little nervous about her being away....she's been getting into my bed everynight for quite awhile. She's really been missing her daddy...she's asks to call him 2 and 3 times a day. So, I wasn't sure how she would do. Well, it ended up that I was worried for nothing!! Ha ha! I don't think she remembered she had a mama!! lol Which is good cause she had a great time. They watched Dora and then got stories read to them. Then they got to have flashlight time...which was about 15 min. or so of laying in bed with flashlights. Then it was lights out....yet they couldn't stop giggling!!! Liz said they giggled till almost 11 pm!! hhhmmm, stayin up late, talking and giggling.....that's what Liz and I do when we get together!!! hhhmm, maybe they will be bff's like us!! I hope so!

Joshua was a little sad that he couldn't spend the night over there too. But I explained that boys don't have sleepovers with girls and vice versa. He did okay after that. But when I put him to bed at 8 pm, he couldn't sleep. I checked on him 2 times and he was still awake. Finally, at almost 10pm (he had school the next day!) I asked him why he wasn't sleeping yet? His response? "Now there are 2 people missing from our house." Okay...what do you say to this?? My heart broke. I reminded him that Rebekah would be back tomorrow and that it was going to be okay. He asked to sleep in my bed (which he hardly ever asks). I couldn't help but say yes. He was off and down the stairs. I think he fell asleep quickly then. Poor baby. It seems that the effects of my separation with Del are beginning to manifest themselves in my children now. I am signing them up for Divorce Care 4 Kids class in July for children of parents who are divorced or separated. But that is 2 months away.
I talked to Fidel and he is calling them more often. Just pray for them...I know it's hard for them. I hate to see them in pain...especially when I can't do much about it. Ugh!!! Again, I must remember...I can't control the actions of others...I can only mind my actions and do what I can to help the kids through this difficult time.

This morning, I couldn't find my purse. I looked in the 2 places I leave it and it was nowhere. Did I leave it in the car? No. Where was my purse? This is very unusual for me....I am able to find my stuff almost always and very rarely lose things. So, I asked the kids if they knew where my purse was. Josh spoke up. "I found it." "Where is it?" "It's in my bedroom. I put it in my room last night. It's between my bed and the window." "Josh, why did you take my purse? And why did you take it to your room??" His response..."Mommy, you know I like to call Daddy." He had taken my purse to his room last night and hidden it so he could call his daddy from his bedroom. I had taken the phone out of my purse when I got home, so he obviously learned that my phone wasn't in there. aaawww, poor guy. I told him not to do that anymore. Again, my heart broke.

But in general, it's ok. Those are just a few of our life's moment's recently. Some funny and cute, some serious and sad. I just tell myself :

God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change
The courage to change the things I can
And the wisdom to know the difference.

AMEN!!

1 comment:

  1. Sara - my heart breaks for you but I am so happy to see how you're leaning on God. I don't know that I could do that if I was ever in that situation. God will bless you for that I do know. I will continue to pray for you and your kids. Love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete